Faculty & Scholars

ISSS provides assistance in obtaining appropriate visas for individuals who hold academic appointments from the Provost’s office. Individuals with visiting or short term appointments may be eligible for J-1 Exchange Visitor status. Faculty members on tenure-track or long term appointments may be eligible for H-1B status. In some cases, special circumstances or a person’s nationality will make other options possible.  To discuss visa options for international faculty and research scholars, please contact ISSS.

Please review the pages in this section regarding J-1 concepts, and click on “Int’l Employees” above for information about the H-1B category.