Current Students: Employment

International students have very specific kinds of work opportunities in the US.  We appreciate that students want to take advantage of work opportunities as much as possible to gain experience in their field, and we encourage you to do so, within the regulations concerning F-1 international student work.  To learn more about your options, please review this section of our website, including:

  • On campus work
  • Off – campus work through CPT (Curricular Practical Training)
  • Economic Hardship emergency work authorization
  • UMBC’s Career Services Center

For more information on work options after graduation, click here.