International Employees

This section contains more information on immigration categories that the University may be able to offer to its employed faculty or staff that are not US citizens or permanent residents.  Employees are welcome to hold other immigration statuses that include legal work permission. The statuses in this section require employer sponsorship only.

To discuss visa options for international faculty, researchers, and staff, consult the process and timelines here. Or contact our office for any questions you may have. Please allow 7 business days for responses.

Note: If you were previously a UMBC student and are now in H-1B status with another institution or corporation, please contact that institution or corporation with your questions.