US Taxes

This section of our website it meant to provide you with basic information about income tax in the US, and what your responsibilities are related to taxes.  The information here is not legal advice – please note that the IES office does not have tax expertise and cannot legally provide tax advice.  You can find the best information from the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) directly, or can seek the advice or services of a CPA (Certified Public Accountant).  Please note that taxes in the US are quite complicated, so many Americans also pay for a tax professional to assist them with their taxes.

Please take some time to explore this basic information and the resources available.  Thanks!