UMBC Transit provides safe, reliable, responsive shuttle and charter bus services to meet the transportation needs of the UMBC community. Shuttle routes cover residential communities near campus, as well as shopping areas surrounding UMBC.
UMBC Transit, a Department in the Division of Student Affairs, is funded by the University’s Transportation Fee, which is assessed to the student population based on credit hour. All UMBC students, faculty, and staff are able to utilize UMBC Transit shuttle routes and services. Your UMBC campus identity card is required for boarding .
- Paradise Line — serving the Arbutus & Irvington Community
- Arundel — serving the nearby Arundel Mills Mall
- BWI / MARC Line — providing access to the BWI / MARC Train Station
- Catonsville Line — serving the Catonsville Community (Frederick Road business district) and Catonsville Community College bus stop on Rolling Road
- Arbutus Line — serving the Halethorpe Train Station, South Campus Satellite Lot, and Main Campus *
- Route 40 Line — providing connection to the Route 40 business district
- Downtown Line– serving the Baltimore Inner Harbor and University of Maryland, Baltimore campus
You can use UMBC Transit’s Transit Tracker to track where your shuttle is and how soon it will be at your shuttle stop.