Helpful Resources for Taxes

Sprintax: Sprintax has an email help service, so you can always email your questions there.  They also have an extensive Library of FAQ’s and other topics of interest to look through.  You can reach Sprintax after you create your account at

For 2022 tax filing, Sprintax will offer free online tax workshops. Dates coming soon.

Sprintax Nonresident Tax Webinars:

In this tax webinar, international students, scholars and professionals will be run through everything they need to know about nonresident tax for the 2022 tax season. Topics will include who must file, tax residency, FICA, State returns, implications of misfiling as well as how to use Sprintax to prepare a compliant tax return.

All workshops will cover the following topics:

  • An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
  • Who must file a 2020 US tax return
  • What income forms students/scholars may receive
  • Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
  • We cover terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
  • What happens if students don’t file, or misfile
  • State tax returns
  • IRS stimulus payments
  • Sprintax overview

Other Sprintax Resources: 

On-Campus assistance: Because taxes are not a University-related responsibility, unfortunately there are not tax experts on campus that can give tax advice.  The ISSS office can try to help with extremely basic questions, but please keep in mind that taxes are a completely separate professional field that we are not trained in and we cannot legally give tax advice without proper training!

In the Community: There are many tax prep companies, such as H&R Block, that you will see in your community.  Please be very careful in going to a place like this, as many tax professionals there are only trained on Resident taxes and won’t have the expertise to correctly help you with your NRA tax return.

Students Recommend: