Sprintax: Sprintax has an email help service, so you can always email your questions there. They also have an extensive Library of FAQ’s and other topics of interest to look through. You can reach Sprintax after you create your account at email@example.com.
For 2020 tax filing, Sprintax will offer the following free online tax workshops (updated March 30 2021):
Sprintax Tax Webinar Dates:
- Tuesday, April 13th, 1pm – Register here
- Tuesday, April 20th, 2pm EDT – Register here
- Wednesday, April 28th, 1.30pm EDT – Register here
- Thursday, May 6th, 12pm EDT – Register here
- Tuesday, May 11th, 2pm EDT – Register here
- Friday, May 14th, 12pm EDT – Register here
All workshops will cover the following topics:
- An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
- Who must file a 2020 US tax return
- What income forms students/scholars may receive
- Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
- We cover terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
- What happens if students don’t file, or misfile
- State tax returns
- IRS stimulus payments
- Sprintax overview
On-Campus assistance: Because taxes are not a University-related responsibility, unfortunately there are not tax experts on campus that can give tax advice. The ISSS office can try to help with extremely basic questions, but please keep in mind that taxes are a completely separate professional field that we are not trained in and we cannot legally give tax advice without proper training!
In the Community: There are many tax prep companies, such as H&R Block, that you will see in your community. Please be very careful in going to a place like this, as many tax professionals there are only trained on Resident taxes and won’t have the expertise to correctly help you with your NRA tax return.